Fine Arts Academy
Murphy’s Fine Arts:
Murphy's theatre, choir, and dance programs work hand in hand on several different projects throughout the year. This exposes our students to vocal, movement, and theatre work with our chorus, theatre, and dance teachers. We believe that our students should be well-rounded performers and have a chance to try it all!
- Technical Theatre
- Theory and Methods
- Compete in the local Walter Trumbauer Secondary Theatre Festival.
- Audition for summer camp at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival.
- Audition for scholarships to schools across Alabama.
- Produce and perform a spring production.
- Study trip to New York City to participate in theatre classes with Broadway Professionals at Ripley Greer’s Studio, to see Broadway shows, and to sightsee!
- Commercial Voice
- Vocal Jazz
- Musical Theatre
- Participate in the Alabama Vocal Association competitions including State Solo and Ensemble, as well as, All-State and Large Group.
- Participate in classical training for a classical concert for the fall semester.
- Record studio sessions with professional producers and studio techs.
- Perform in a fully produced Broadway Musical.
- Study trip to New York City to meet with producers, actors, and choreographers currently working in the industry of Broadway.
- Perform faculty and guest artist choreography, as well as, their own work.
- Participate in regional and national festivals to perform, take part in strenuous master classes, and audition for summer study programs.
- Annually submit work for the MCPSS Film Festival and other student work contests, and participate in Mobile County Honor Dance program.
- Study trip to New York City to study dance with professional artists and receive audition training.